Monday, November 25, 2019

"That's a Lot of Cats!"

Ahoj! 

Not a lot happened this week. 

On Friday we went to do service at this sketchy little animal shelter in this tiny Czech town in the middle of nowhere. It's owned by this couple and they run it from their house. They had 120 cats, a ton of disabled dogs  some chickens, rabbits, sheep, a blind cow, and the most massive pigs I have ever seen in my life. We literally spent 3 hours cleaning out the cat cages. Sister Scott and Starší Campbell almost threw up, I almost got an eye taken out by a cat, and we almost got pooped on by a cow. The things you do for missionary work. It was chill though. Definitely made some memories that's for sure. 

We went to a member's house and learned how to make cukroví (These little Christmas cookies that are everywhere around Christmas time) and perník (gingerbread). That was pretty cool. Everyone is getting set up for Christmas. They have a ton of little trhy (Christmas shops) lining the namestí. Everyone just walks around drinking alcohol in these little Christmas cups and going to all the shops. Besides the alcohol and the weed, it's so pretty. It feels like its straight from a Hallmark movie. I'm stoked for all the cool Christmas traditions. 

Today for dinner we went to a member's house and they made us a Thanksgiving dinner with Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, yams, and homemade pie. It was so dang good, and they put so much effort into making it. I seriously love the members here so much. They're such incredible people. 

I was talking to one of our investigators this week, and she basically wrecked my self esteem when it comes to Czech. I have no idea how the heck I'm supposed to learn this language. At this point I'm just doing everything I can and praying really hard. 

We don't really have anyone that we're teaching which is rough. It's hard having such a cool message to share and people not wanting to listen. But we're doing our best to try and find people. We've just been focusing a lot on service and trying to be an example to people. We did a random acts of kindness finding activity the other day and that was fun. Sometimes the only thing you can do is just make people smile, but if you've done that it's a great day. 

Nothing else really happened. An old lady in an antique store yelled and cursed at me in Czech today. Good thing I only understood half of what she said. 





Spiritual thought: 
I don't really have much to share other than the fact that I just really love my Savior. Because of Him, we can overcome any negative, painful, and hard thing that comes as a result of mortality. Those things aren't permanent. In the end everything will work out because of Jesus Christ. He's there for us, and He understands and loves us perfectly. 

Love you all! I miss everyone, but there's no place I'd rather be than right here in the Czech Republic. I love this place and the people here so much, and I'm so stoked for that love to continue to grow. Have the best week!

Sestra Lewis
















No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome Home!"