Monday, January 27, 2020

"America Needs to Step Up Its Refreshment Game"

AHOJJJ!!

Nazdár, my peeps!

It was a pretty busy week. Every time we have a free day, someone ends up calling and it gets filled up with stuff. It's pretty nice. 

There's an elder in our district who has relatives here, and one of them is the headmaster of a school. We went around to some of the classrooms and taught the kids English. Everyone loves it when they can give their students the opportunity to talk with native speakers. It was a pretty cool opportunity. 

We went to Ostrava for District Council. I love getting together with the district. It's always a good time.

We taught English for a few other students too. One of the members teaches English, so we started helping some of her students. She just roasts our American English the whole time though haha. They think British English is the superior form of English. Don't worry. We're correcting that belief of theirs. 

We did service for this family whose house had a fire because of electrical problems. She's a semi less-active lady, so it was cool to let her know that we care about her. I love doing service. 

This week was ward conference. Ward conference here is a big deal. There was so much preparation that went into it. They told us they were going to have refreshments after (classic), and then they brought out 3 tables full of food. It was insane haha. So much bread.  Everyone gets so stoked to see and talk with their friends in the stake that they barely ever see. Church started at 9:30 and the last person left the building at 3:15. I love the culture of the church here. 


So the past few months I've had very negative feelings towards Kaufland. Kaufland is the local store that we do weekly shopping at. Kaufland and I just don't get along. But I've repented because THEY NOW CARRY KRAFT MAC AND CHEESE!! They get it shipped straight from America. Miracles happen, guys. 

The language is starting to come a little more. I'm understanding a little more and able to speak a little bit better. It's still a way slow process, but it's coming. Everyone says fourth transfer is where the language clicks. The work is going well too. We've got some goals and plans that we're working on, and we're so stoked for them. Plus the members here are way motivated to help us, so it's gonna be a lot of fun. 

Spiritual Thought:

So for the past few weeks I've been obsessed with 3 Nephi 17. I read it all the time, and I find something new in it every time I read it. But there's one verse that I really love. Verse 22 says: 

"And when he had done this he (Jesus) wept again"

This is such a tender moment. Jesus weeps for us. He loves us. He's there for us. When we're sad or hurting He's right there with us weeping. And when we're happy, He's stoked for us. We can turn to Him. It doesn't matter how much or how little faith we have. We can turn to Him, and He'll take us in, no judgement. He'll guide us through. I'm so grateful to believe in a Savior that does that. 

Whelp. That's all I have for this week. I'm grateful for all of you, and I'm so grateful for all of the prayers! Have such a great week! And maybe find time to read the talk "Do Things That Make A Difference" by M. Russel Ballard in the June 1983 Ensign. It's a killer talk. So. Good. 

S Bohem my peeps
Sestra Lewis


"Pokud před vámi stojí Goliáš znamená to že je ve vás David."s







No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome Home!"