Thursday, August 8, 2019

"Last P-Day in the US"

Ahoj Všichni!

Another week, another long email about stuff that no one's actually interested in haha. 

We had another TRC this week, which is where we skype people in the Czech Republic. Our person wasn't answering, so our teacher skyped the previous mission president, and we got to talk to him for a little bit! It was cool to meet him and talk to him about the mission. There's a sister from the Czech Republic that will be serving in Canada, and she just got to the MTC on Tuesday, so we got to talk to her! It's cool seeing her around and attempting to speak Czech to her haha. 

Our only form of entertainment has been the construction. They're starting to knock down all the old classrooms, and it's happening right outside our classroom building. So during all of our breaks there's just a huge group of missionaries crowded around the window watching them knock down buildings. I'm kinda mad we won't be here to see them finish haha. 

There's an elder in our district who thinks he knows everything about the language. He is constantly correcting us or trying to correct the teachers. There's three dictionaries in our classroom, and he literally keeps all three on his desk. It's so easy to mess with him though, so the rest of our district has been playing pass the dictionary and we try to keep all the dictionaries off his desk at the same time and see how long it takes for them to end up back on his desk. He hates all of us now haha. I swear we're super nice to him though.

Now for the best news in the history of my MTC stay. I GOT MY FLIGHT PLANS!!! YESSS!! We leave Monday, and we fly to Amsterdam, then we have a short layover before we fly to Praha (Prague). We'll get there Tuesday afternoon. I'm so stoked to leave. I know absolutely zero Czech, but it's okay! God knows Czech, and this is His work, so He'll help me out as long as I do my best. I'm so ready to just get out there and spread the Gospel. It's gonna be so incredibly hard, but I'm so stoked for it. I'm gonna learn so much. 

Now for a little spiritual thought. On Tuesday we had our last Tuesday Devotional (I'm not crying, you're crying). The speaker last minute switched the last song to "I Know That My Redeemer Lives." He told us very specifically that as we sang the song we had to sing it with as much power as we could manage. Holy cow. That was one of the most powerful things I've ever experienced. Over 2000 missionaries singing "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" all at the same time and actually meaning the words with all of their hearts is an experience unlike anything else. And as we sang, everyone just automatically got super loud as we sang the words "Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives, "I know that my Redeemer Lives.'" It was so incredibly powerful.  The Savior lives. And because He lives, there's nothing that we can't do. He's there for us every step of the way, and He'll help us through even the hardest times in our lives as we turn to Him. "Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives, 'I know that my Redeemer lives!'"

Love you all!
Sestra Lewis 

                                                    Miss Mittens crashed their study party :)





The sister on the left is a twin from the Czech Republic. She just got to the MTC for her mission in Canada. Her twin also has a mission call. They were trying to speak Czech to her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome Home!"