Thursday, August 1, 2019

"So I'm a Dealer Now"

Ahoj moje rodina a kamaradi!

Buckle up for another heck of a long email full of a ton of random stuff haha.

I've officially put in my two weeks notice to the MTC. They're devastated that they're losing me, but they'll get over it. In about a week and a half I'll be on a plane headed to Prague. But who's counting?

Random stuff from this week:

The MTC has been packed since the second week that I've been here. This week though, a ton of missionaries left for the field. So we had 2 glorious days of no lines in the cafeteria. It was beautiful. But then Wednesday came, and we got over 700 new missionaries. Now we're back to waiting in line for 20 minutes for our food. Our district got to host the new missionaries this week, which was pretty chill. Sestra Johnson and I were in the parking lot for hosting, and it started pouring rain right in the middle. Literally the best. We got soaked. I love the rain. We also got out of class for about an hour for it, so definitely a fan of hosting. 

Our room is on the first floor of the residence hall, right by the vending machines. Well half the time they don't have spoons for the icecream in the vending machines. Somehow people found out I have a box of spoons in my room, and now we get random people knocking on our door all the time asking for spoons. So I'm a dealer now. I'm highly considering charging them for the spoons, but as a missionary I can't accept money from people, so they better appreciate their free spoons. 

The other day there was a random dog on the exercise field. We don't know whose it is or how it got there, but we do know that it loves playing frisbee and loves getting attention from the missionaries haha. Miss Mittens has some competition? 

So there's a girl in my stake/from my high school that is here at the MTC. Ever since 7th grade people have been mixing us up. They constantly called us by each other's names. Either that or they thought we were twins. Well that's carried over to the MTC haha. I've been called Sister Green so many times. And people keep asking her if she has a sister here. Even with a name tag people can't get my name right haha. 

One of our teacher's last day was this week. Sis. Garner has a family reunion, so we won't see her again before we leave. All our teachers are so cool, and it's so sad to say goodbye to them, but I can't wait to see them again after the mission and be able to speak fluent Czech to them. They're either gonna be so impressed by my skills or so disappointed in my lack of skills. 

Now for a spiritual thought:

Everyone go watch the video on churchofjesuschrist.org called "The Hope of God's Light." Even if you've already seen it, watch it again. It's. So. Good. It's insane how much our Heavenly Father loves us. He's right there with us every step of the way, and He's in every single detail of our lives. As we call out to Him, He'll let us know He's there. It may not be in the way we want or expect, but He'll be there. 

"It is part of our condition as mortals to sometimes feel as though we are surrounded by darkness. But even though we may feel lost, God promises to illuminate the way before us. No matter how long it takes." 

Love you all! Mějte se dobře!!
Sestra Lewis



We hosted! And got super wet while doing it.


With Sis. Garner, one of the language instructors. She is going to a family reunion and they won't see her again before they leave for the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome Home!"