Monday, October 14, 2019

"I'm Pretty Much a Pro at Trios"


Tak Ahoj!

This week was a good one. Friends were made, people were baptized, and we almost went to the funeral of a famous Czech singer. 

There were a lot of moments this week that got me so stoked to be on a mission. Missions are so freaking cool. Never in my life did I think I would be in the Czech Republic eating McDonald's in the mall as a super chill dude from Nigeria told us about the problems with the government in Nigeria. And I love getting to know people and hearing their stories. We met with one lady who's a less active member. In her words  shes a "missionary magnet." She's been to Hungary, Peru, Portugal, etc., and she runs into missionaries every place she goes. She says that anytime she's having a bad day she'll look across the street and see the missionaries, and it helps her get through the day. She's so cool, and we've adopted her as our mom. She's so excited to hang out with the missionaries every week. Man missions are so cool. 

So there's this Czech singer that is so famous here. During Communism he brought in more money for the country than Škoda did. That's a huge deal. Škoda's a car company here that's so big they have an entire city for the factory and all the workers. It's insane. Anyway...the singer, Karel Gott, passed away, and the whole country has been in mourning. There's little shrines to him everywhere. His viewing was Friday, and we were gonna go to it with an investigator, but it didn't work out. Sad day. But we did get to go with that investigator on another history výlet around Prague. He showed us all the secret places that tourists don't know about. It was exhausting but so cool. 

On Saturday there were 3 baptisms from 3 different cities! They all came to Prague and were baptized here. One of them was a man that I helped teach when I was in Jičín. There's nothing like watching people you teach repent and become more like Christ and make that First Covenant with him. This Gospel brings so much joy into people's lives. 

Whelp my time in Prague has come to an end. Transfers were this week! It's kind of insane that I've been here for 2 months already. I'm going to Brno, and I'll be in another trio with Sister Scott and Sister Guyman. I'm so stoked. After a 3 hour train ride without a companion I got to Brno, and I'm so stoked to get started. Brno is the second biggest city in the Czech Republic. It's the only city in the Czech Republic and Slovakia that has a church building that was built by the church (Fun Fact: the Prague church building used to be a pub). Everyone who serves in Brno never wants to leave. It's gonna be such a good transfer.

Spiritual thought time:

With the commitment from President Nelson in this last conference to study Joseph Smith History, I've been focusing my studies a lot on Joseph Smith and trying to strengthen my testimony that he was really a prophet called of God, and that the Book of Mormon is true. I was reading a talk by Carlos E Asay, and he talks about how the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the greatest event to happen since the resurrection. 

      "I take issue with those who believe that the placement of men upon the moon is the greatest occurrence of the last two thousand years. I do so because I know of an event wherein the Creator of the universe himself came to earth in answer to an obscure boy’s humble prayer and revealed pure theology.           
       Yes, it all started so quietly, so simply, and so very wonderfully. A believing boy took “one small step” and prayed. A loving Father in Heaven listened and responded. What has resulted is rightfully referred to as “one giant leap for mankind.”                                     
        All the towers ever built and all the spaceships ever launched pale in comparison with Joseph Smith’s first vision. Though men fly higher and higher into the heavens, they will not find God or see his face unless they humble themselves, pray, and heed the truths revealed through the Prophet of the Restoration." -Carlos E Asay

There are so many truths that were restored through the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for a God who calls living prophets on the earth today. 

I hope you all have a great week! Love you all! 

Sestra Lewis

                                        

                                                 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome Home!"