Monday, October 28, 2019

"We Visited Vietnam This Week"

Ahoj!

This week has been such a blur, but it was good. 

The other day we went to dinner with a few of our recent converts. One of them took us to this random place in the middle of nowhere. We walk out of the bus and literally felt like we were in some little Vietnamese town. He takes us into this building and there's 4 Vietnamese restaurants lined up with a person standing outside each one trying to get us to go to their restaurant. Probably the most bizarre dinner experience I've had so far. 
One thing I noticed about Czech culture this week is that whenever you're on a tram and anyone older starts walking towards it, at least 5 people immediately stand up to give them a seat. It's so cool. 

I asked a dude that comes to our Czech class how he's doing and he told me I "won his heart." Definitely not the first time people have had a weird thing for the sister missionaries and definitely won't be the last haha. 

Also...apparently Daylight Savings Time is a thing?? Not the biggest fan. And don't even get me started on Winter. Pray for me, cause it's supposed to snow this week and I don't think I'll survive. The other day we woke up and it was super foggy outside, and it was the weekend, and on the weekends no one is in the city. It was creepy as heck but also really cool. Sometimes I love the weather here.

There's this lady that randomly showed up to Institute 2 weeks ago and started asking the elders a ton of questions about our church. Ever since then she's been constantly hanging out with the missionaries. She's at every activity that we're at. She's so cool. We were talking to her last night, and she says that we've shown her what true friends actually are. She says she didn't know people like us exist in the world. And every time it's time to leave she doesn't want to leave because she "feels so good." She's literally the coolest person, and we can't wait for her to eventually be ready to start learning more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Man I love missionary work. 

Spiritual Thought:

As I was sitting in ward council this week I was just thinking about how crazy it is that I'm in a completely different country yet the church here is the same. To me that's another testament that this church is Christ's true church restored on the earth today. Whether it's Mesa, Arizona or Brno, Czech Republic the church is the same. It's run the same way, and the members believe the same things. This is definitely a worldwide church, and it's definitely true. If you're not sure about that, send me a quick email and we can chat about it.

I love you all, and I'm so grateful for all the prayers and support. I definitely feel it! I hope everyone has a great week and you eat a bowl of Kraft Mac and Cheese for me, cause I've been craving that hard core this week. Love you all!

Sestra Lewis








No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome Home!"