Tuesday, December 17, 2019

"New week - New City"

Ahoj! 

Honestly I don't really remember a ton that happened this week, but I'll try to hit the highlights. 

We did some Christmas heart attacking for members of the ward. We cut out a ton of snowflakes and Christmas trees to put on people's mailboxes and houses. One of the houses may or may not have involved me sitting on top of Sister Scott's shoulders to reach the window...

We did service for a lady that responded to our Facebook ad a few weeks ago. We went and just helped her organize her house a little bit. I love random service opportunities for people we don't know. It's such a cool opportunity to get to know new people and introduce them to what we do. Service opportunities are my favorite part of the week. 

Currently writing this email on a bus because...I'm getting transferred! Transfers are today, and I'm leaving Brno. I'm going to Uherské Hradiště to be comps with Sister Twitchell. Yeah...I'm still figuring out how to pronounce it too. You can just call it UH like the rest of us haha. I'm sad to leave Brno and all the people. They've got some good ones there. But I'm stoked for the transfer ahead of me. It's gonna be so good. Still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm going into my 3rd transfer. I hit my 6 month mark as a missionary, and I don't know how it happened. Sometimes it feels like missionary life is all I've ever known, and then I try to speak Czech and it feels like I just entered the field yesterday. Time's going too fast, and I'm not a fan. 

Remember the elder's investigator that we played bowling with last week? He's getting baptized! He told us Sunday that he picked a date, and we're so freaking stoked for him to make that first step and continue making covenants with Heavenly Father. This gospel is so true. 

Update: I'm still obsessed with the Czech landscape. It's gorgeous here. And when you have the trees and the little Czech houses with the sunset hitting just right behind them? Man. It's incredible. Fun fact though: cobblestone is way slippery when it's covered in ice. I haven't managed to fall yet, but just you wait. That email is coming soon. 

Spiritual Thought:

I just want to share a quick quote from Gordon B Hinckley.

 “Of all things of heaven and earth of which we bear testimony, none is so important as our witness that Jesus, the Christmas child, condescended to come to earth from the realms of His Eternal Father, here to work among men as healer and teacher, our Great Exemplar.

“At this time of Christmas, this season when gifts are given, let us not forget that God gave His Son, and His Son gave His life, that each of us might have the gift of eternal life.”

As missionaries and members of the church, we testify of a lot of things, but the most important thing we testify of is Jesus Christ. Thanks to him, we have everything. We have peace, healing, hope, and every good thing. And thanks to Him, we can be with our families together forever someday, which I'm especially grateful for this week. 

Thanks for all the love and support! Hopefully I'll have some more exciting stuff to talk about next
week. Have the best week!

Sestra Lewis




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome Home!"