Tuesday, December 24, 2019

"Cookies, Gingerbread and Paradise"

Ahoj!!

So this week was pretty busy, which is insane cause it was the first week of the transfer, but it was way good. I'm low-key obsessed with my new area. UH is so great. 

We went to this little town outside of UH called Kroměříž. It was gorgeous. One of our members teaches high school there, and we teach some of the students English. We also went this week with some of the elders in our district and gave a presentation to the member's class about America. After the presentation we played some basketball and volleyball with them. Then the member took us around these huge gardens. The kids were so cool, and it was such a good day.



I finally got to see Olomouc, which is another city in the Czech Republic. Everyone always talks about how pretty it is, so I've been wanting to see it for awhile. Our district covers UH, Olomouc, and Ostrava, so we went to Olomouc for district counsel. It did not disappoint. Definitely a gorgeous city. 

One of the members bought a plot of land and is building a chestnut orchard. We went to help him cut down trees and clear the area. He calls the plot of land "paradise." He took us out and we had a little picnic in the forest, helped clear some trees, then built a fire and roasted sausages for lunch. I literally felt like I was camping. It was a pretty solid day. 

The Christmas season is in full force. The amount of cukroví and pernik that people feed us is insane. I've eaten so much sugar this past week. Church was way fun too. All the members brought little baskets with gifts and cards to hand out to each other. It was so cool. I freaking love the members here. They're some of the best people out there. 

Overall I'm doing way good. I'm loving where I'm at right now. It's been such a good week, and I'm excited for the rest of the transfer. Time is definitely going by way too fast though. I'm just so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve in this gorgeous country with the best people. It's definitely the best mission. 

Spiritual Thought:

As we were planning a spiritual thought to share with families at Christmas, we decided to look at the Plan of Salvation and take out all of the parts that wouldn't exist had Christ not been born. It was so humbling to see how the Plan of Salvation really wouldn't be possible without the Savior. We kept taking away pieces. Starting with the
 Spirit World (as we know it), moving on to resurrection, judgement, the Telestial Kindgom, then the Terrestrial, and finally the Celestial Kingdom, all gone. Without the Savior, they would all be taken away, and with it, eternal families, becoming like God, eternal peace, happiness, joy, repentance, change, hope. Everything would be gone. But the good news is that we have a Savior. Christ was born. Because of Christ, we can be happy. We can find peace. We have hope. We will one day be resurrected. Because of Christ, families are Forever. We have purpose. We can one day be exalted. I'm grateful for the Savior, I'm grateful for His birth, and I'm grateful for the opportunity we have to celebrate His birth during this Christmas season. 

I hope everyone has an úžasné Vánoce. Eat lots of food, spend time with family, serve others, and be grateful that the Savior was born. Oh. And pray for me as I eat Christmas carp this week...

Love you all! Veselé Vánoce!

Sestra Lewis









 








No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome Home!"