Monday, February 24, 2020

"The Police Crashed Our Ward Party"


Ahoj, my peeps!

First week of the transfer down, and it's probably been the smoothest first week of the transfer I've had so far. I kinda like being the one to stay in an area haha. The trio's going great. It's been so much fun. It's definitely something this area needed. 

Highlights of the week:

We were talking to this random dude on the street, and all of a sudden we hear, "cirkev je pravda!" (The Church is true!"). One of our members comes walking up shouting her testimony at this dude. This is the same member that walks up to groups of teenagers smoking and shoves a Word of Wisdom pamphlet in their faces and starts telling them about it. That woman has no fear when it comes to sharing the gospel haha. Anyways, she starts telling the dude on the street all about how the Book of Mormon is life changing and how he should get baptised. She didn't scare him off completely. He still responded when we texted him later, but he didn't have interest. Škoda. Probably one of the funniest moments on my mission though haha.  I love the people here.

On Friday, the youth had a pizza making party. Czechs make some insane pizzas haha. One of them had 5 different types of cheese on it, and they literally just cut huge blocks of cheese into smaller big chunks and threw it on the pizza. I'm a fan. It was really good. During the activity, a random dude from the street who was probably high walks in and starts trying to steal stuff. It was kinda cool seeing on the men in the ward get all tough and surround the guy so he couldn't leave. The police had to come and make sure he didn't steal anything and then they took him away. Love me some ward parties haha.

We went and helped some members in their garden. A lot of Czechs have a piece of land that they buy just outside of the city where they have a huge garden. It's my favorite thing. I'm gonna have to buy my own garden at some point. I'm obsessed. It was really fun to just work in the garden all day and spend time with some of my favorite members. Those are my favorite kinds of days. 

One of our friends taught us how to make Gulaš. It's technically originated in Hugary, but it's been adopted by the Czechs. It's basically a stew, and it's so dang good. One of my favorite meals here. We're making Halušky (my favorite Slovak dishes) with him next week. Pro tip: asking peeps if they can teach you to make classic Czech food is a great way to set up with people. 

For pday we went to a castle in Slovakia with the elders and senior couple in our district. We went to the castle and had a picnic and played volleyball and frisbee in the field right next to it. Then we went and stormed the castle and played Skipbo. Literally the most classic výlet I've ever been on. So. Much. Fun. I love our district. 

I. Freaking. Love. This. Area. I love this ward. I love these people. I never want to leave this  place. Missions are so dang cool. You get to meet the best people and build such good relationships with them. Man I love being a missionary. 


Spiritual Thought:

I just found this quote this week that I really love:

“Hang on the walls of your mind the memory of your successes. Take counsel of your strength, not your weakness. Think of the good jobs you have done. Think of the times when you rose above your average level of performance and carried out an idea or a dream or a desire for which you had deeply longed. Hang these pictures on the walls of your mind and look at them as you travel the roadway of life.”

I think this is such a good quote to live your life by. It can be really easy to be too hard on ourselves. We just naturally pick out the things we do wrong. But we should focus on the good things we do. I think as we start focusing on all the things we'll do right, then we'll surprise ourselves with how much we do right. 


Alright, my peeps. Thanks for all the support! Love you guys! Have a great week!

Sestra Lewis 











No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome Home!"