Monday, February 17, 2020

"Christmas in February?"

Ahojjjjj!

A lot of stuff happened this week. We made Christmas dinner, we started building a fence around the Raj, and we got transfer calls.

We have this awesome member family that is basically our best friends. Their daughter came home from her mission in Canada this week, so we went to help her mom get stuff prepped for when she came home. They planned to make her a traditional Czech Christmas dinner, so we got to help her make all the food for that. I thought it would be another year before I had to make carp again. Unfortunately, I was wrong. The member also gave us some lard on bread to try. Never thought I would purposely put a ton of lard in my mouth. The things you do for members. It wasn't terrible, but it definitely isn't something I'm planning on snacking on haha.

We went to help the member in his orchard again. He named his orchard "Raj" (Paradise), and it literally is paradise. I'm obsessed with that place. One of my favorite places on the planet. We started building a fence around the orchard, and almost all the old trees are cleared out. It's starting to be spring weather too, so we're gonna be able to get a lot more work done. Dang I freaking love the members here. The Czech Republic is gorgeous, but it's the people that are the best part about it. 

It's time for transfers again! I'm staying in UH, and I'm back in another trio! This time it's with Sister Ray and Sister Ockey. I'm pretty stoked. I feel like a trio is definitely what this area needs, plus both Sis Ray and Sis Ockey are pretty chill, so it's gonna be so good. It's gonna be a freaking party. 


Spiritual Thought:

I found a quote this week that I really like.

"The unexpected is God intervening...His whole purpose is to bring us to the best things."

Sometimes we get curveballs in life, and it can be hard to understand why things happen the way they do, but I love the thought that the unexpected is God intervening. It's Him giving us something better than what we want. His whole purpose is to bring us the best things. He's not gonna do anything that prevents us from getting the best things. We just have to trust Him, and everything will work out. 


So I guess a lot of stuff happened this week, but a lot of it wasn't that interesting haha. I'm also kinda short on time, so I can't really go into detail about the stuff that did happen. Life is good though! I love the mission life. I love this mission. 

Thanks for all the love and support! Have a great week!

Sestra Lewis





.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome Home!"