Thursday, October 8, 2020

"No čau, Praho! (Twice this week)"

 Čau!

So I got a new comp this week. That makes 4 times that our district has changed this transfer. 

The week started with the mission getting 3 new missionaries, 2 elders and 1 sister. I still have no idea how they made it to the country, but all I know is that God is in charge. But we're way stoked to have them here. We haven't had new missionaries since the beginning of the year, so we're excited. The mission needs them. 

We had exchanges, and I got to see Stilson and Johnson again. It's always a good day when I get to hang out with them. 

We had visa work...again. So we took another trip to Prague. Visa work is honestly one of my favorite things. I'll take any excuse I can get to see my friends in Prague. I got to see three of the people from my MTC group. This time I was getting my biometrics done. One more appointment till I'm officially legal! 

Partway through the week, Prez got word that one more sister would be able to come to the mission. On our way out of the parking lot to go back to Plzeň from Visa work, Prez stopped us and told us that she would be coming to us. So we went back to Prague on Saturday, and now we have a new companion! Her name is Sestra Huhane, and she's so cool. I'm excited to get to serve with her. She's been visa waiting since April, so we're pretty stoked she's finally here in country. Also, our district is now made up of two trios, and it's the best. 

Conference was super good. We didn't really do anything special for it, but we did watch one session in Czech with some members. 

For pday we went to a castle halfway between here and ČBud (the elders area). It was rainy, and we took a walk around the castle, played some spikeball, and just chilled. It was our first district pday all transfer. Such a good day. 

We fasted with one of our investigators this week. It was a super cool experience. We called him every day, read some scriptures with him, and prayed with him. He has a few questions that he wants answered, and he wanted to gain a testimony of prayer. We're making slow progress with him, but it's progress!

Spiritual Thought:

Alright I heard this quote during conference, and I'm still pumped about it. I wish every single member would internalize this quote and live by it. 

"Maybe their hairstyle is a little extreme or their language is a little different. But they are there. And they are trying." -Carlos A Godoy

He was talking about people who come to church who don't "fit the mold" that members have created. I'm not a huge fan of the part of church culture where everyone judges those who don't live the gospel like you do. It really gets on my nerves. All that matters is that we're all showing up. We're all trying our best. Our job is to just love other people and cheer them on. No one is perfect. We're all just trying. 


Alright I'll stop before I go into a big old a rant. Have a great week! Maybe take some time to review conference and figure out what the Lord wants you to know. Love you guys!

Sestra Lewis






















                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome Home!"