Tuesday, August 25, 2020

"First Transfer Dreams Come True"

 Ahoj!!


There was a lot packed into this week. It was a good one. 

We went to some cool trhy (markets) in a part of town I've never seen before. I love those things.

We went to Plzeň (remember that name) for exchanges! We got to hang out with Sister Goldthwaite and Sister Foster. I love them so much. We were able to meet with a few people while we were there. We talked to one man about baptism, and it was super powerful. He definitely felt the Spirit. 

We had zone conference!!! It's probably my favorite thing of the transfer. I freaking love seeing all the other missionaries. They're my best friends, and it does so much good for my soul to see them. There were a ton of really good trainings that got me way pumped for the new transfer. I gave a training on finding the positive in negative situations, and it was pretty cool how much I learned from it. I'm not sure how much it helped others, but I learned a ton. I feel like that's always how it works though. 

Now for the good part. We have transfers this week. I'm headed to Plzeň to serve with Sister Graham as STLs. I'm way pumped. We're blinding in to the area (both of us are new to the area), but Sister Graham knows it more cause she served there at the very beginning of her mission. We talked about serving together in Plzeň in my first transfer, so dreams do come true haha. They're closing Prague to sisters right now, which is super sad. The members are all really bummed about it. There's still 2 sets of elders in Prague though, so they'll be okay. Also, Plzeň is the beer capital of the Czech Republic so that's fun. 

I'm stoked for the new transfer. We're gonna do so 
much good and I'm stoked to see how the Lord is going to lead us to do what needs to be done. 

We said goodbye to 3 sisters this week who finished their missions. It never gets easier saying goodbye to the missionaries. I'm so grateful for all the friendships I've made here though. The relationships you form are one of the biggest blessings of the mission. 

We had a lesson with our investigator, and he told us he believes in God now. I'm so dang happy. He's been praying, and he's had experiences to help him know that prayer works and God is there for him. It's been so cool to be a part of that process and to help him get to this point. I'm gonna miss teaching him, but I'm excited to see the progress he makes. It's been cool to see our our very imperfect teaching skills have been enough as the Spirit has stepped in. I'm glad the Spirit is the real teacher and not us. 


Spiritual Thought:

So we were reading Come Follow Me this week, and we got to Helaman 5. We were reading the story of Lehi and Nephi in the prison. It talks so many times about the walls of the prison. They tremble, shake, and almost fall but they never do. Even when God is speaking they tremble three different times. But they never fall. I was wondering why. Why does it talk about them so many times and then they never fall? If you think about the prison like the world and the walls like our trials and temptations, it has pretty cool symbolism. Sometimes God doesn't take our trials or temptations away. He's always there through them, and He shows us that He is bigger than them, but He doesn't take them away. Sometimes it's just something we have to learn to live with and trust God through it all. 

Love you all! Have a great week! Pray for us as we get this transfer started and try to adjust to the new area!

Sestra Lewis

















No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome Home!"