Tuesday, November 3, 2020

"A Million Calls and The German Border"

 Čus Kaktus!


Pretty much nothing exciting happened this week cause we've been stuck inside all day. But it was still a good week. 

We had so. Many. Calls. This week. Most of it has been for SMS stuff. We've just been being trained on how to do all the social media stuff. It's been a crap ton of info, but I'm not too worried about it. I've just been having fun making content haha. 


We've been calling our district every day to keep us sane, and it's my favorite part of the day. That and calling the Ostrava elders. Really just any calls with the other missionaries gets me hyped.
The other peeps we have been calling are our English students. They're obsessed with us. And they're our best friends. We have gospel discussions with 2 of them and it's been super cool. One of them tells us all about Islam and the other one tells us all about Catholicism. It's been cool to hear their perspectives and learn about other beliefs.

We had a call with a ton of the other social media missionaries in Europe. It was weird seeing other missionaries that aren't from my mission. I kinda forgot those exist for a sec haha.

Other than that we've kinda just been finding ways to keep us sane. We're hoping the quarantine ends soon, but we'll see. I can't complain though, cause other peeps have been in quarantine for months, so a few weeks is nothing compared to that. 

I also can't complain cause today was a pretty sick pday. We took a drive out to this little town about 15 minutes from Germany. We took a little walk through the forest and explored these abandoned castle/cathedral ruins. Right next to that was this super fancy palace looking building. It was dang cool. I freaking love the Czech Republic. It was nice getting out of the house too. 


Spiritual Thought:

I started rereading the Book of Mormon again, but this time instead of looking at it as a book of stories about Nephi and Moroni and Alma, I'm reading it as a story about God, and I'm just trying to learn everything I can about Him from the stories told. It's been a super cool experience. I've already learned a ton and I'm only a few chapters in. The Book of Mormon really is just a Book written to bring us closer to God and Jesus Christ. Try reading it and seeing everything you can learn about God from it. I highly recommend. 


Have a great week! I'm praying for America. God is good. He's aware. He knows what He's doing. Trust that. 

Sestra Lewis

                                             













































No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome Home!"